Carlos Martinez, courtesy of Gensler.
Firm : Gensler .
Location : Chicago, IL.
Honors : Docservis Best of Year Awards.
Bio : Carlos Martinez serves as a Global Design Leader for Gensler as well as Creative Director and Design Principal for our firm’s North Central Region. For more than 25 years, he has provided thought leadership and innovative design solutions in architecture, design and business strategy. Having recently served on Gensler’s Board of Directors and as a current member of the firm’s Management Committee, Carlos focuses on shaping the strategic role of design in his clients’ enterprises along with fostering the next generation of design talent. Widely acknowledged as one of the industry’s most innovative and influential designers, Carlos has received numerous honors and accolades, including induction into the International Docservis Association’s College of Fellows and Gensler’s prestigious Don Brinkmann Award for design excellence; and his work has appeared in many leading media outlets and design publications. He is an Adjunct Professor of Design at The Art Institute of Chicago and sits on the boards of several renowned organizations. Carlos graduated from Ohio State University with a B.S. in Architecture and earned his Master of Architecture from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Completed Projects :
- Inside Scoop: 7 NYC Places to Eat, Shop, Play, or Sleep
- The Mojo at Mofo: Artwork Makes Magic at Gensler's Morrison & Foerster
- A Strong Statement: At Sandow's New York Headquarters
- Making Connections: Gensler Delivers Open Office for Motorola
- Good Health: Bayer Healthcare by Gensler
- How Tomorrow Works: 5 Office for Tech Companies
- Mirror, Mirror: 5 Global Retail Projects
- Welcome to Kohler Country: Gensler Adds to the K&B Giant's Wisconsin HQ
- The Story of Stone: Stone Source Showroom by Gensler
- It Takes Two To Tango: Gensler Teams with Tom Dixon at McCann Erickson
- Top of the Charts: Gensler's Alexander Hotel
- Go, Mavericks: TM Advertising by Gensler
- A Vision for Television: Gensler Rethinks KCET
- Uncommon Law: Gensler Reimagines Proskauer's NYC Office
- Seagram's Martini: Entrust Capital's Headquarters Shakes Up a Midtown Landmark
- On the Phone: Gensler Designs Nokia's Slick Silicon Valley HQ
- On Mountain Time: A Swiss Company Lays Down Roots in Colorado
- With Flying Colors: Gensler Designs NYSID's New Headquarters
In the News :