The best in New York hospitality design isn’t limited to tony neighborhoods of Manhattan. Hardly. Thanks to innovative young firms such as BHDM Design, , and , neighborhoods like Harlem, Gowanus, and Times Square are becoming dining and drinking destinations, now home to handsome establishments worthy of a drive-by. Here’s a roundup of some favorites, listed from North to South.
1. in Harlem by .
2. in Midtown by Savelii Archipenko and .
3. in the West Village by Morten Sohlberg, Min Ye, and .
4. in Cooper Square by .
5. in the East Village by (mural by ).
6. in Greenwich Village by .
7. in SoHo by .
8. Cherry Izakaya in Williamsburg by .
9. in DUMBO by and .
10. in Gowanus by .